CMI’s LGBT Community Research Practice
CMI’s 7th Annual LGBT Community Survey®
To join CMI’s LGBT Research Panel, please click here.
Up to 45,000 LGBT consumers from 148 countries respond to Community Marketing & Insights’ annual LGBT Community Surveys®, making it the largest, most comprehensive and longitudinal study of its kind.
- Use this link to obtain a complimentary copy of CMI’s 7th Annual LGBT Community Survey report:
CMI’s 7th Annual Gay & Lesbian Community Survey (Aug 2013)
- Watch a 45-minute webinar presentation presented by David Paisley and Tom Roth, about CMI’s 7th Annual LGBT Community Survey.
- Press release about CMI’s 7th Annual Gay & Lesbian Community Survey
Click here to download CMI’s Approach to Market Research. Click here to download a profile of CMI’s 70,000+ LGBT Consumer research panel. To receive research announcements and updates, please be sure to sign up for our email list.
- Respondents are derived from 200+ partner organizations such as international LGBT events, including Pride in London, San Francisco and Melbourne; film festivals, community centers and business associations; and a wide variety of global LGBT print, Internet, mobile, blog, radio and TV media including Gay.com, Advocate, LogoOnline, Pink Banana, Curve, Instinct, Adelante, Grindr, Queerty, Towleroad, Gaypedia, Gaydar, LOTL, QX Sweden, Xtra Canada, Gay Calgary, Spartacus, GayCities, Facebook, Twitter, etc. as well as Community Marketing’s own proprietary survey panel developed since 1994.
- CMI’s proprietary survey panel consists of 70,000+ LGBT consumers worldwide.
- The findings represent the “OUT” LGBT consumers who can be reached using their preferred communications channels.
For our USA reports, geographic distribution is similar to findings of the Census Bureau for same-sex couples. However this study includes single respondents who are not quantified in Census data.
Never before has an LGBT research study been based on a sample size of such proportion, and from such a broad spectrum of consumers. The resulting LGBT Consumer Index(TM) reports include ground-breaking quantitative data and deep insights on demographics, psychographics, purchase behavior and motivations, and social and political perspectives. These indices will guide LGBT development and effective outreach communications for years to come.
|USA LGBT Respondents|
|Total US Respondents (2013)||15,583|
|Sample 2013 Demographics Include…|
|Live with a partner||47%|
|Sample 2013 Purchase Findings (past 12 months) Include…|
|Major Vacation (5+ Nights)||40%|
|Performing Arts Tickets||63%|
|Major Kitchen Appliances||15%|
|LGBT Fundraising Gala Tickets||25%|
|Sample 2013 Weekly Activity Findings Include…|
|Drink Spirits or Cocktails||45%|
|"Liked" a business on Facebook||40%|
|Clicked on a Facebook ad||31%|
|Read LGBT Blogs/Websites||65%|
|Clicked on a mobile app ad||15%|
|60% Regularly Donate to 1+ Nonprofits or Charities…|
- Keep up to date on CMI research. Please join our research news list. We’ll let you know when new studies are available to download.
- Ask about our custom research practice to help fine-tune your strategies and improve ROI. Email CMI’s LGBT Market Research + Development Lab®
- To join CMI’s LGBT Community Research Panel, please click here.