Your most efficient and successful approach the LGBT market will be on a firm foundation of knowledge.
This should include:
- Knowledge of your overall market potential (as well as opportunities in LGBT sub-markets), market size, market locations, establishing baselines for measuring growth and setting realistic goals, etc.
- Insights about your customers, including their preferences, motivations, sensitivities, propensities, purchasing habits, etc. as well as competitive environment.
- Insight on how to cost-effectively reach your customers, including which information resources they use, preferred imagery, appropriately matched products or services, copy, incentives, response vehicles, etc.
- Best practices. Of course, it isn’t enough to slap the rainbow flag on your marketing materials and call it a day. You have to deliver on the promise, and that requires internal practices evaluation, modifications, and training.
Without this foundation, on what are you building your campaign? Jumping into the LGBT market (or any market) without proper preparation is like shooting in the dark.
Start with some of CMI’s latest research.
- Use this link to obtain a complimentary copy of CMI’s African American LGBT Community Survey 2014
CMI’s African American LGBT Community Survey (April 2014)
- Use this link to obtain a complimentary copy of CMI’s 7th Annual LGBT Community Survey®
CMI’s 7th Annual Gay & Lesbian Community Survey (August 2013)
- Press release about CMI’s 7th Annual Gay & Lesbian Community Survey
- Use this link to download a complimentary copy of CMI’s 7th Annual LGBT Community Survey: Canada (with comparisons of Canadian and United States LGBT Communities)
- Watch a 45-minute webinar presented by David Paisley and Tom Roth, about CMI’s 7th Annual LGBT Community Survey report. (Note: This is a 30mb .mov file which may take time to download.)
- Download file: “Researcher’s Guide to LGBT” delivered to Marketing Research Association, March 2013
- Bisexual Cross-Tab of CMI’s 6th Annual Gay & Lesbian Community Survey
- Use this link to obtain a complimentary copy of CMI’s Same-Sex Couples: Weddings and Engagements study report.
Same-Sex Couples: Weddings and Engagements (November 2013)
Press Pass Q Story about CMI’s LGBT Wedding Survey
- Use this link to obtain a complimentary copy of CMI’s 18th Annual LGBT Tourism Survey
CMI’s 18th Annual Gay & Lesbian Tourism Survey (December 2013)
- Press release: Year-End Research Report: Top Ten 2013 Trends Seen in LGBT Travel
- LGBT Restaurant Survey (2010)
The LGBT Financial Experience. Typically, the custom research we do for clients is proprietary and not available for download from our website. But there’s one notable exception, a study that was commissioned by Prudential Financial, “The LGBT Financial Experience.”
CMI-NGLCC LGBT Commerce Study (Exploring b2b opportunities with LGBT owned and managed companies.). Click to download:
Keep up to date on CMI research. Please join our research news list. We’ll let you know when new studies are available to download.
The LGBT market is dynamic and rapidly evolving. So whether you are new to the market or an LGBT market veteran, don’t consider market research a one-time exercise. Periodically taking a pulse on the market will keep your marketing plan healthy and productive. We recommend a regional or national survey every 18-24 months, with focus group reviews of new products or services, creative, offers, etc. as introduced.
We bring you the benefit of our 20+ years of LGBT market specialization. Far beyond delivering numbers and charts, our research practice delivers experience, relationships, and deep insight that is unparalleled.
Community Marketing’s expertise can guide you through this extremely important step, and ultimately expedite your market entry (or growth, if you’re already in the market) saving you time and money.
Contact Community Marketing, Inc. for more information or a project quote:
Email or call us at +1 415/437-3800
We’ve provided LGBT market insights and strategic consulting to dozens of market leaders (both newcomers and market veterans), including:
And many others…
LGBT Community Survey is a trademark of Community Marketing, Inc.