Your most efficient and successful approach the LGBT market will be on a firm foundation of knowledge.
This should include:
- Knowledge of your overall market potential (as well as opportunities in LGBT sub-markets), market size, market locations, establishing baselines for measuring growth and setting realistic goals, etc.
- Insights about your customers, including their preferences, motivations, sensitivities, propensities, purchasing habits, etc. as well as competitive environment.
- Insight on how to cost-effectively reach your customers, including which information resources they use, preferred imagery, appropriately matched products or services, copy, incentives, response vehicles, etc.
- Best practices. Of course, it isn’t enough to slap the rainbow flag on your marketing materials and call it a day. You have to deliver on the promise, and that requires internal practices evaluation, modifications, and training.
Without this foundation, on what are you building your campaign? Jumping into the LGBT market (or any market) without proper preparation is like shooting in the dark.
Start by downloading and reviewing some of CMI’s latest research.
CMI’s LGBT Community Surveys
- Use this link to obtain a complimentary copy of CMI’s 9th Annual LGBT Community Survey®. You’ll receive a link for immediate download. CMI’s 9th Annual LGBT Community Survey (August 2015)
- Opening China! Use this link to download CMI’s breakthrough China LGBT Community Survey® report, August 2014
- Opening China! Use this link to download CMI’s breakthrough 首届中国LGBT群体生活消费指数调查报告 report, August 2014 (in Chinese)
- Thomas Roth’s presentation file about the China LGBT Community Survey, with reference to YouGov (general market) comparisons, plus CMI’s other research, cases studies and best practices. (Note this is a 37mb pdf file and may take some time to download.) August 7, 2014, Shanghai, China
- CMI’s Thomas Roth and Lu Xun produced a 50-minute webinar about LGBT China. Download the full webinar for streaming/viewing on your computer (about 50 minutes; large file, may take a few minutes to load): http://www.communitymarketinginc.com/documents/temp/CMI’s_LGBT_China_Webinar.mov
- LGBT African American Study: Use this link to obtain a complimentary copy (download link) of CMI’s African American LGBT Community Survey® 2014
CMI’s African American LGBT Community Survey (April 2014)
- Use this link to download a complimentary copy of CMI’s 7th Annual LGBT Community Survey: Canada (with comparisons of Canadian and United States LGBT Communities)
- Watch a 45-minute webinar presented by David Paisley and Tom Roth, about CMI’s 7th Annual LGBT Community Survey report. (Note: This is a 30mb .mov file which may take time to download.)
- Download file: “Researcher’s Guide to LGBT” delivered to Marketing Research Association, March 2013
- Bisexual Cross-Tab of CMI’s 6th Annual LGBT Community Survey
CMI’s LGBT Tourism & Hospitality Studies
- Use this link to obtain a complimentary copy of CMI’s 19th Annual LGBT Tourism & Hospitality Survey
CMI’s 19th Annual LGBT Tourism & Hospitality Survey (December 2014)
- Watch a 40-minute video webinar of David Paisley presenting key findings and insights from CMI’s 19th Annual LGBT Tourism & Hospitality Survey
- Use this link to download a complimentary copy of CMI’s Transgender Traveler study report, sponsored by the Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention & Visitors Bureau
Use this link to obtain a complimentary copy of CMI’s Inaugural China LGBT Tourism & Hospitality Survey
- Use this link to obtain a complimentary copy of CMI首届中国LGBT旅游与酒店调查报告 2014年12月 (in Chinese)
CMI’s Business & Finance Studies
5th Annual CMI-NGLCC LGBT Business to Business Study in partnership with the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (exploring B2B opportunities with LGBT owned and managed companies). Click to download: CMI-NGLCC Business to Business Study 2015
Better Homes & Gardens/NAGLREP LGBT Real Estate Study Knowing that it is important to study the mindset of the LGBT community as it pertains to homebuying, and with the Supreme Court ruling on marriage equality, Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate and NAGLREP teamed up to conduct the largest survey of LGBT homebuying preferences. Download the report here.
The LGBT Financial Experience. Typically, the custom research we do for clients is proprietary and not available for download from our website. But there’s one notable exception, a study that was commissioned by Prudential Financial, “The LGBT Financial Experience.”
CMI’s Same-sex Wedding & Engagement Study
Use this link to obtain a complimentary copy of CMI’s Same-Sex Couples: Weddings and Engagements study report.
Same-Sex Couples: Weddings and Engagements (November 2013)
Press Pass Q Story about CMI’s LGBT Wedding Survey
Keep up to date on CMI research. Please join our research news list. We’ll let you know when new studies are available to download.
The LGBT market is dynamic and rapidly evolving. So whether you are new to the market or an LGBT market veteran, don’t consider market research a one-time exercise. Periodically taking a pulse on the market will keep your marketing plan healthy and productive. We recommend a regional or national survey every 18-24 months, with focus group reviews of new products or services, creative, offers, etc. as introduced.
We bring you the benefit of our 20+ years of LGBT market specialization. Far beyond delivering numbers and charts, our research practice delivers experience, relationships, and deep insight that is unparalleled.
Community Marketing’s expertise can guide you through this extremely important step, and ultimately expedite your market entry (or growth, if you’re already in the market) saving you time and money.
Contact Community Marketing, Inc. for more information or a project quote:
Email or call us at +1 415/437-3800
We’ve provided LGBT market insights and strategic consulting to dozens of market leaders (both newcomers and market veterans), including:
And many others…
We also provide LGBT research consulting, study data, survey and focus group recruiting, etc. to leading market research companies, including:
LGBT Community Survey is a trademark of Community Marketing, Inc.